The Edit User option provides the ability to edit the settings for an existing user.
- Select the down-arrow to the right of the "User to Edit" field, then select the user from the dropdown box.
- Modify the fields that need to be changed.
- See Setting Security Groups for more information about how to assign the Security Groups. See Security Groups Descriptions for a description of the Security Groups.
- Click "Submit" to save changes.
Setting Security Groups
To add or remove Security Groups for a user, highlight the security group, then use the arrow buttons to assign or unassign to the user.
You can highlight multiple security groups by using the Shift key.
When the updates have been made, click "Submit" to apply and save the updates to the user's profile.
See Security Groups Descriptions for a description of the Security Groups.
Users That Are Approvers
If you are editing a user that is an approver and therefore listed in the Route To drop down, you will need to follow the steps below to also update the Route to the new name:
1. Make the necessary name changes and remove the approver security group from the user
2. Click "Submit" to save the changes
3. Add the approver security group back to the edited user
4. Once again click "Submit" to save your changes
It may take up to 2 hours for the name change to be reflected in the 'Route To' dropdown.
Please take note of any documents routed to the user before making the name update. Those documents will need to be rerouted to the correct name once the process is complete and will not be automatically rerouted.