Changing a Non-PO invoice to a PO Invoice
There are circumstances when you may need to change the Document Type Classification of an invoice. You may need to change a Non-PO invoice to a PO invoice. This can happen if the PO Number was not included on the invoice. In this scenario, it may not be noticed until the invoice is routed for approval. The Approver will need to Reject the invoice so it will be routed back to the AP team to correct. Approvers do not have the ability to change the Document Type Classification field. When an Approver rejects an invoice it will be routed to the Rejected Invoices search.
When changing a Non-PO invoice to a PO invoice, the line items from the invoice will not be available like they are for invoices that are captured as PO invoices. The invoice lines will need to be manually entered and then manually matched against the receipt.
- Open the invoice.
- Change the Document Type Classification field to "PO".
- Enter the PO Number into the PO Number field.
- Save the invoice.
- The next step will depend upon the process within your organization:
- Open the invoice, enter the invoice line item detail and then manually match the invoice to the receipt lines by clicking the "Match Invoice" button.
- Route the invoice to the appropriate Approver for manual matching.
Please sign in to leave a comment.