Transfer errors are occur when documents that were set to "Pending Data Transfer" are unable to be extracted and sent to client ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system.
Example reasons why an Invoice will be send to Transfer Error:
- Vendor Number is not present in the Vendor Master (DataServ receives updated Vendor Master file daily
- Vendor with multiple sites and different bank details per site for each operating unit
- Invoice Total does not equal the sum of the Subtotal plus Tax, Freight, and Surcharge
- Invoices lines do not total to the Invoice Subtotal
- Duplicate invoice number being sent to ERP
Process to Resolve in DataServ
- Review the Notes field for more information as to why the invoice had a Transfer Error
- Make appropriate corrections and update the status to "Pending Data Transfer"
- If the invoice is a duplicate and should not be sent to ERP set the status to "Duplicate/Void" AP Dept can check if existing invoice in ERP has the same details with the one that will be marked as Duplicate Void as the supplier can use the same invoice number in different years.
These items can be found in the "Transfer Errors" published search.