How to search for documents?
The document search enables you to search for documents based on one or more search terms. This will search for the terms in the data fields, GL Coding data, Discussion Pane data and Annotations.
To run a new search, clear any previous search criteria by clicking the Clear Search button.
Enter the search terms in the "Enter Search Term" field. You can search on three or more characters or multiple words. You do not need to use wild card characters. If you enter "gold", it will search for the term "gold" within any data field.
Search Term Rules
The rules for search terms are as follows:
- The search is not case sensitive
- You must enter three or more characters
- The characters you are searching must be consecutive in the data field
- If you enter words in the search terms, they may be in any order. For example, you could enter "Meadow Gold" or "Gold Meadow" and get the same results. The search will search for all values entered anywhere within the data fields even in data fields not displayed in the columns of your results list.
- You must enter between 3 to 12 characters of a word to execute a partial word search
- “Pha” or “Pharmaceutic” would find Pharmaceuticals
- “Ph” or “Pharmaceutica” would not find Pharmaceuticals
- You may search for an exact word of two or more characters
- “PO” would find PO
- “ATT” would find ATT
- “Pharmaceuticals” would find Pharmaceuticals
- “P” is not an allowable search condition
- All data fields are searched, as well as GL Coding data, Discussion Pane data and Annotations
After you have entered your search terms, click Search or Enter on your keyboard.
Your search results will be displayed in the Search Results pane using your default search columns (Default Search) unless a Saved or Published Search was executed in which the search columns would be used. See search results for more information about how to use the Search Result list.