The Approval Matrix enables you to create a dollar-based amount matrix for invoice approvals. This enables an invoice to be automatically routed through the hierarchy of approvals based on the Approver, their dollar limit, and the Next Approver.
How to Access
The Approval Matrix is accessed from the Configuration Option from the Search page. Note that this is different than the other matrices which are accessed from the Configuration option from the Dashboard.
How to Edit
From the Approval Matrix, you can add, edit or delete rows in the matrix. Each user listed in the Approval Matrix should have a hierarchy that ends with a Final Approver and an Unlimited Approval Limit.
- To add a row to the matrix, click Add User.
- From the drop-down, click the user to add, The new user row will be added to the bottom of the matrix.
- Enter the Approval Limit and Next Approver into the corresponding fields.
- The last Approver in the hierarchy for each user should be set to "Final Approver" and the Approval Limit should be set to "Unlimited".
- To delete a row from the matrix, click the 'minus' sign to the left of the user name.
- To edit the Approval Limit or Next Approver for a user, click on the corresponding field for that user and enter the updated value.
- The "CSV" icon in the upper right corner of the menu bar will export a copy of the Approval Matrix to a CSV file.