This section includes these topics:
- Non-PO Invoice Routing
- Approval Matrix
- Automated Initial Routing
- Manual Routing
- Coding & Approving
- Rejecting an Invoice
- Hold an Invoice
Non-PO Invoice Routing
Quick Start offers two options for routing out Non-PO invoices for coding and approval. They are:
- Automated initial routing to approvers based on vendor/location
- Manual routing by the AP team
All users that will be approving invoices must be added to the Approval Matrix, which lists approval limits and Next Approver (when applicable).
This matrix is maintained by an Administrative user and accessed by selecting the Configuration Option in the upper right corner of the Dashboard.
Automated Initial Routing
This is managed in the Initial Routing Matrix, which is a list of vendor/location combinations that will drive automatic approval routing. This matrix is managed by an Administrative user and is accessed through the Configuration icon on the Dashboard.
Non-PO invoices that are not routed automatically will import into the "New Invoices" search queue. To open the invoice, double-click on the result line in the search grid.
On the Document Viewer screen, to manually route the invoice to an approver, the AP team will update these two fields:
- Status = Pending Approval
- Route To = select the approver's name
Once those fields are updated, close the invoice by clicking the "X" in the upper right. This will auto-save the changes and will route the invoice to the chosen approver.
My Documents Pending Approval
Non-PO invoices that are routed out for approval are located in the approver's "My Documents Pending Approval" queue. The approver will receive an email notification once a day when they have invoices that are awaiting their review. The notification email will show how many documents are awaiting review and provide a link to login to the solution.
For non-PO invoices, the approver will have 3 options:
- Code & Approve
Coding & Approving
To approve a non-PO invoice, the approver will review the invoice and:
- Enter in the GL coding details on the coding form, located below the invoice image
- Click "Approve" in the upper left
- Add an note (if applicable)
- Select "Confirm
Once approved, the invoice will automatically be sent to the next approver in the workflow, or will move to "Approved" status.
Once "Approved" invoices are reviewed and manually entered into your ERP, you will update the status to "Complete".
Rejecting an Invoice
To reject a non-PO invoice in which we do not want to pay/process, the approver will review the invoice and:
- Select "Reject" in the upper left
- Choose the appropriate "Reject Reason"
- If "Other" is chosen, add a note to indicate to AP why this is rejected
- Select "Confirm"
Once rejected, this invoice will automatically route back to the AP team to be marked as duplicate/void
Return an Invoice to AP
When approving an invoice an Approver can send an invoice back to AP Team for update or review.
To Return to AP:
- Click the small drop-down arrow to the right of the Approve button.
- The Approve/Workflow dropdown will be displayed.
3. Select the Return to AP option
4. The ‘Return to AP’ window will be displayed.
5. Select a ‘Return to AP Reason’.
6. Enter in any notes informing AP as to why we are sending the invoice back for review
7. Click Confirm.
The invoice will now be routed back to the AP team for review.
Hold an Invoice
There is also the option to place an invoice on hold. When an invoice is placed on hold, this stops any escalation from proceeding on this invoice.
To place an invoice on hold, the approver will review the invoice and:
- Select "Hold" in the upper left
- Type in the "Hold Reason"
- Specify the "Hold Date"
- Hold date = the date you would like the invoice to be held until
- Add any notes (when applicable)
- Select "Confirm"
Once on Hold, the invoice will no longer appear in your "My Documents Pending Approval" queue. You will find your invoices on Hold in the "My Documents on Hold" queue until the Hold Date expires.
For more information Hold Workflow Button