This section includes these topics:
PO Invoice Process
The PO Invoice process in Quick Start is different than it will be in your fully tailored solution. The main difference being that AutoVouch does not exist in your Quick Start solution.
For PO invoices, you are able to manually match the invoice lines from the invoice image in DataServ to the receipt in your ERP.
To do this, you will access the invoice image in DataServ and we recommend opening your ERP on another screen to perform the manual match.
To access PO invoices and complete the manual match, you will:
- Open the "New Invoices" queue
- Double-click on the invoice line in the search results grid
- View the invoice image to match invoice lines to receipt
- Once the manual match is completed, update the Status to "Complete" in DataServ.
Once the status is "Complete" this invoice will move out of the workflow and will be stored in DataServ.
Routing for Review
If you are unable to perform the manual match because of a discrepancy or exception, you are able to route the invoice to the buyer for approval within DataServ.
On the Document Viewer screen, to manually route the invoice to an approver, you will update these two fields:
- Status = Pending Approval
- Route To = select the approver's name
Once those fields are updated, close the invoice by clicking the "X" in the upper right. This will auto-save the changes and will route the invoice to the chosen approver.
PO Invoice Approval
PO invoices that are routed out for approval are located in the approver's "My Documents Pending Approval" queue. The approver will receive an email notification once a day when they have invoices that are awaiting their review. The notification email will show how many documents are awaiting review and provide a link to login to the solution.
Approving a PO Invoice
To approve a PO invoice, the approver will review the invoice and:
- Click "Approve" in the upper left
- Add an note - important if resolving a discrepancy or exception to include details for AP
- Select "Confirm
Once approved, the invoice will automatically be routed back to the AP team.
Rejecting an Invoice
To reject a PO invoice, the approver will review the invoice and:
- Select "Reject" in the upper left
- Choose the appropriate "Reject Reason"
- If "Other" is chosen, add a note to indicate to AP why this is rejected
- Select "Confirm"
Once rejected, this invoice will automatically route back to the AP team to resolve the issue.