This section includes these topics:
PO Invoice Process
The PO Invoice workflow in Quick Start allows you to view the invoice image and manually match the invoice lines in your ERP.
To do this, you will access the invoice image in DataServ and we recommend opening your ERP on another screen to perform the manual match.
To access PO invoices and complete the manual match, you will:
- Open the "New Invoices" queue
- Double-click on the invoice line in the search results grid
- View the invoice image to match invoice lines to receipt
- Once the manual match is completed, update the Status to "Complete" in DataServ.
Once the status is "Complete" this invoice will move out of the workflow and will be stored in DataServ.
Routing for Review
If there is an exception, you are able to route the invoice to the required person in DataServ with a note attached. The buyer/requestor can then take action and return the invoice back to AP. Then the invoice will be manually entered in the ERP and is marked as Complete.
On the Document Viewer screen, to manually route the invoice to the buyer/requestor, you will update these two fields:
- Status = Pending Approval
- Route To = select the approver's name
Once those fields are updated, close the invoice by clicking the "X" in the upper right. This will auto-save the changes and will route the invoice to the chosen person.
PO Invoice Approval
PO invoices that are routed out for review are located in the user's "My Documents Pending Approval" queue. The user will receive an email notification once a day when they have invoices that are awaiting their review. The notification email will show how many documents are awaiting review and provide a link to login to the solution.
Approving a PO Invoice
To approve a PO invoice, the approver will review the invoice and:
- Click "Approve" in the upper left
- Add an note - important if resolving a discrepancy or exception to include details for AP
- Select "Confirm
Once approved, the invoice will automatically be routed back to the AP team.
Rejecting an Invoice
To reject a PO invoice, the approver will review the invoice and:
- Select "Reject" in the upper left
- Choose the appropriate "Reject Reason"
- If "Other" is chosen, add a note to indicate to AP why this is rejected
- Select "Confirm"
Once rejected, this invoice will automatically route back to the AP team to resolve the issue.